Sunday, August 12, 2012

It is well with my soul


Merciful Father,

I want to take a few moments and thank you for peace that passes all understanding. Lord every day is a good day, and I rejoice and I'm glad in it. Your mercies are new every morning! Praise you Jesus (Psalm 118:24; Lamentations 3:22-23)! 

Lord I'm not oblivious to the evil that's lurking around me everyday also, however you have giving me a calm in my spirit that I've never known before. It's so sweet and wonderful that I'm virtually at peace in every situation. I don't panic at all because my soul rests in you. My life is in your hands, and I trust you in all situations. I must do this for your word says, "trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all my ways acknowledge him and you will direct our paths."

That's a loving command for me to put my hand in yours so that you can guide me everyday of my life. 

King David said it best in Psalm 23, "surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

Thank you Lord your companions goodness and mercy.

In Christ name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment